- When entering the bus, deposit the exact fare directly into the farebox. Operators are not allowed to handle fares and will not make change. Failure to pay correct fare will result in ejection from the bus.
- Do not talk to or distract operator while the bus is in motion.
- Profanity, vulgar language, and disorderly conduct are not allowed.
- Radios, tape decks, and CD players may be used only with earphones.
- Eating and drinking are not allowed on CityLink buses. Food and beverages may be transported only if in a sealed container. Drinks must have a screw on lid.
- Drinking of alcoholic beverages on the bus is prohibited.
- Smoking on CityLink buses is prohibited.
- Service animals may accompany passengers with disabilities. No other animals can be transported unless confined in a secured pet container.
- Damaging, defacing, marking, cutting, scratching, or drawing on any fixture on the bus is prohibited. Violators will be prosecuted and are subject to fines and/or imprisonment.
- Passengers may not place advertisements or religious/political material inside or outside the bus, nor can they solicit for money or the sale of goods on the bus.
- All trash should be discarded in the trash can near the door.
- Allow others to exit before boarding.
- For your safety, do not stand in the ramp area or in front of the yellow line by the farebox.
- All passengers must be seated when the bus is in motion.
- If you have to stand, please hold on to the hand rails and seat backs.
- Courtesy seats are reserved for elderly and disabled passengers.
- All persons with disabilities who board the bus in wheelchairs, three-wheeled scooters or other similar mobility devices will be required to ride in the wheelchair securement locations and to utilize the available securement devices if those devices are capable of securing the passenger's mobility device.
- Keep the seats next to you clear of belongings so other passengers can sit.
- If utilizing a manual or battery-operated wheelchair, the driver will not be expected to assist you in the movement of your wheelchair by pushing you up or down the bus ramp.
- Strollers, baby carriages, and portable shopping carts must be folded and stowed underneath the seat. It is mandatory that the aisles be kept clear for safety reasons.
- The amount of groceries or bags carried on the bus will be limited to what the passengers can carry in one trip. The operator will not assist with groceries.
- Please notify the operator of any belongings left behind by another passenger. Any unattended, suspicious looking boxes or packages should be reported immediately.
- Weapons including knives, swords, and hazardous materials such as batteries and gasoline cans are prohibited.
- Children under five years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Animals must be inside a crate unless they are a service animal.
- Shoes and shirts are required.
A no-show occurs when a rider fails to appear to board the vehicle for a scheduled trip.
This presumes the vehicle arrives at the scheduled pickup location within the pickup window and the driver waits at least 5 minutes.
The pickup window is defined as 15 minutes before the scheduled pickup time to 15 minutes after the scheduled pickup time. Riders must be ready to board a vehicle that arrives within the pickup window. The driver will wait for a maximum of 5 minutes after arrival for the rider to appear.
A late cancellation is defined as either:
- a cancellation made less than 1 hour before the scheduled pickup time,
- a cancellation made at the door or
- refusal to board a vehicle that has arrived within the pickup window.
No Show Due to Operator Error or Circumstances beyond a Rider’s Control
CitlyLink does not count as no-shows or late cancellation any missed trips due to our error, such as:
- Trips placed on the schedule in error
- Pickups scheduled at a location other than that which is requested by rider
- Drivers arriving and departing before the pickup window begins
- Drivers arriving late (after the end of the pickup window)
- Drivers arriving within the pickup window, but departing without waiting the required 5 minutes
CityLink does not count as no-shows or late cancellations situations beyond a rider’s control that prevent the rider from notifying us that the trip cannot be taken, such as:
- Medical Emergency
- Family Emergency
- Sudden illness or change in condition
- Appointment that runs unexpectedly late without sufficient notice
Riders should contact the CityLink ADA Paratransit operations center as soon as possible for no-shows or late cancellations due to circumstances beyond their control.
Policy for Handling Subsequent Trips Following No Shows
When a rider is a no-show for one trip, all subsequent trips on that day remain on the schedule unless the rider specifically cancels the trips. To avoid multiple no-shows on the same day, riders are strongly encouraged to cancel any subsequent trips they no longer need that day.
Suspension Policies for a Pattern or Practice of Excessive No Shows or Late Cancellations
CityLink verifies all no-shows and late cancellations to ensure accuracy before recording them in a rider’s account. The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) of 1990, section 37.125(h) states that “The entity may establish an administrative process to suspend, for a reasonable period of time, the provision of complementary Paratransit service to ADA eligible individuals who establish a pattern or practice of missing scheduled trips.” CityLink has established the following points-based process to enforce its late cancellation and no show policy.
Based on the definitions in the Cancellations and No Shows section above, points are assessed for each occurrence of the following infractions:
Advanced Cancellation: 0 points – Thank you!
Same Day Cancellation: 0 points – If the trip is canceled more than 1 hour prior to scheduled pickup
Late Cancellation: 1 point – If canceled at least 30 minutes prior to scheduled trip
No Show: 2 points
NOTE: Trips missed by the individual for reasons out of his or her control are not assessed points and are not used as a basis for determining if a pattern or practice of No Shows or Late Cancellations exists.
No-Shows and Late Cancellations are recorded daily and accumulated each calendar month for purposes of enforcing the no show policy. CityLink reviews total points assessed during each calendar month and calculates penalties as follows:
6 points in a 30 day period: Warning Letter
8 points in a 30 day period: Two (2) week suspension
24 points in a 60 day period: One (1) month suspension
48 points in a 180 day period: Three (3) month suspension
To account for frequent ridership, penalties are NOT assessed if total No-Shows and Late Cancellations for the period are less than 10% of the rider’s total trips.
Riders in violation of the Late Cancellation and No Show Policy will receive written notice of the violation including details of the pending suspension of service.
Riders will be given 15 days from the date of the notice to appeal the decision (see Appeals process) or to arrange for alternative transportation options during the suspension. Following the suspension period, riders will automatically be cleared to resume service.
Subscription service will not be automatically reinstated following a suspension.
Please call 325-676-6287 option 2 to re-apply for subscription service, which is
Policy for Disputing Specific No-Shows or Late Cancellations
Riders wishing to dispute specific no-shows or late cancellations must do so within 15 business days of receiving suspension letters. Riders should contact the CityLink ADA Paratransit operations center at 325-676-6287 option 2, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. to explain the circumstance and request the removal of the no-show or late cancellation.
Process for Appealing Proposed Suspensions
All suspension appeals follow CityLink’s appeal process:
- Riders wishing to appeal suspensions under this policy have the right to file an appeal request which must be in writing by letter or via e-mail to:
CityLink General Manager
1189 S. 2nd St.
Abilene, TX 79602
Or e-mail: email@example.com
- Riders must submit written appeal requests within 15 business days of the date of suspension letter.
- Riders who miss the appeal request deadline will be suspended from CityLink ADA Paratransit Service on the date indicated in the suspension notice.
Download No-Show Policy