Harvey Recovery and Aid Efforts
The City of Abilene Emergency Management Division would like to make citizens aware of the response efforts and processes currently in place as a result of Hurricane Harvey devastating the Texas coast.
Donations are currently not being accepted in any of the affected areas unless specifically requested by Harvey-impacted emergency management officials. Any self-initiated attempts to arrive on scene and help are discouraged as virtually all roads leading into the areas of Harvey’s impact are impassable. Your time to help will come.
Specified methods to help:
- Individuals— Call 713-685-2300 if out of area, 3-1-1- if in Houston. This is the number for coordinating volunteers.
- Volunteer Website for Groups or Individuals—Register at volunteerhouston.org (likely the most comprehensive and easiest to use).
- Corporations wanting to donate supplies or money to Houston area (for example, XYZ Corp has truckloads of supplies they want to contribute):
- Individuals wanting to donate—Harris County & City of Houston Joint Donations Hotline: 1-800-924-5985.
- Medical volunteers—SETRAC website for medical volunteers to register for disaster volunteer ops: https://texasdisastervolunteerregistry.org/