Public Meetings for Street Maintenance Fee
The City of Abilene will hold a series of public meetings to discuss potential implementation of a fee for Street Maintenance to help better maintain our city streets. Street condition has been the topic of much citizen discussion. If enacted, the Street Maintenance Fee will generate monthly revenue from most City of Abilene residents and businesses. The City of Abilene wants to ensure that the public is properly educated on how this fee could affect them.
The first of seven public meetings will be held Thursday, July 6, at Cobb Park Recreation Center, 2302 State St. from 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. City staff will give a brief presentation at each meeting followed by public input. Here is a list of all future public meetings on the SMF:
- Thursday, July 6, Cobb Park Recreation Center, 2302 State St. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 10, Main Library Auditorium, 202 Cedar St. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 11, South Branch Library, Mall of Abilene, 4310 Buffalo Gap Rd. 6:00 – 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, July 13, G.V. Daniels Recreation Center, 541 N. 8th St. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 17, Mockingbird Branch Library, 1326 N. Mockingbird Ln. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, July 18, Sears Park Recreation Center, 2250 Ambler Ave. 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
- Thursday, July 20, Adaptive Recreation Center, 2609 S. 7th St. (Rose Park) 5:50 – 7:30 p.m.
The City Council was briefed in detail on a street maintenance fee at the June 20 City Council Meeting. To view the presentation, go to the City website, www.abilenetx.com and click on the rotating slide with Street Maintenance Fee Discussion Presentation. For updates/reminders on the upcoming meetings, please like our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/CityofAbilene/